Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Louie Sosa— horn sergeant


My name is Louie Sosa and I'm the trumpet section leader and horn sergeant for 2009. 

As a returning member, it's always exciting to see a large turn out in numbers and talent, both of which we have seen this season. The hornline is bigger than Mandarins has ever seen, and it's a privilege to be a part of this special year. The design team has created a fascinating concept, Absolute, and the brass members are very enthusiastic about seeing it come together. So far, we have our opener and production piece on the field and we're lovin' it. The show is so energetic and enjoyable! I am proud to march my age out year as a Mandarin, and look forward to a fun last season which has already pushed our limits and set new standards.

After a pretty successful camp, it's funny how much I still learn from Mandarins. Not that I don't expect to (it's a constant learning experience), but it's the content, timing, and delivery of those lessons that ground me. I left this camp more confident as a marcher, as well as a leader, yet am humbled by how much I have yet to discover.

*Absolute 09*


♪♬♪♬ Louie '\\\

No comments:

Post a Comment