Friday, May 29, 2009

Jo Ann Tabuchi — a parent’s perspective

Hi, my name is Jo Ann Tabuchi. I am a parent/chaperone/cook and I went on tour for the first time in 2008 for 10 days. I wanted to see what it was like, since my two boys had expressed interest in the Mandarins. This year, it is Nick and Tim's first year as members and I am excited for them as they embark on this wonderful life changing experience that I've seen other young men and women go through. Although I have seen the Mandarins perform at different times in the past, this year will be wonderfully different for a number of reasons. By volunteering at the camps, I have been lucky enough to see the start and forming of the 2009 Mandarins from the Fall of 2008. It will be exciting to see the corps progress all the way to championship week.

It is such a rewarding experience being able to support such a fantastic group of kids and staff. Working in the kitchen to help provide nutritious meals during the camps is a lot of work, but it is soooo rewarding when the corps members and staff come through the food line with big, grateful smiles on their faces, after a full and hard day of rehearsal. I look forward to helping Mr. and Mrs. Mar out where and whenever I can.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this.

    Belinda Ellis

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a former member, I can tell you how much we all appreciate the work the parents did. You guys are all amazing! And, I have to admit, I still miss the food years later! :)

    ReplyDelete